Saturday, February 28, 2009

The last day of March


Well, the framing is done, the driving is done. . . .and the judging is done, too. The ACA show at Arts Visalia was judged this afternoon by the curator of the Bakersfield Art Museum. There were around 90 entries and the gallery holds about 55 paintings comfortably, so quite a few were turned away. The good news is that all 3 of my paintings were accepted and will hang through the end of March. The bad news is that I had hopes of a placement or 2 and there were none. Not even an honorable mention. Oh, well, it's just like when we were showing dogs for years and years--every day is a different judging situation. The judge is different, looking for different things, and the competition is different also. I am pleased with all 3 of the paintings and, to me, that's what counts . . . . but it's nice when the judge and/or other viewers like them also.

The reception is Friday night, March 6th, from 5-8 PM. Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen, and a big congratulations to you!! All 3 getting in is very cool. I'm really going to try to get to the reception...it's a beautiful venue....hugs, julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, thank you so much for your congratulations. You made me feel much for thankful for the fact that my paintings were all 3 accepted. That should be enough.

    ReplyDelete