Friday, February 27, 2009

The Blossom Trail







This is the time of year that I am thrilled to live on the Blossom Trail. Today, I had to stop the car and get out to take some photos of an orchard that I passed. It was a mass of white almond blossoms, as far as the eye could see. The orchard was beautifully maintained, near Ashlan and McCall, and I just couldn't resist. I didn't have my camera in the car, so these were taken with my iPhone camera, but they turned out amazingly well. The funny thing is that last weekend there were just a few isolated, usually singleton, trees in blossom. Today, a lot of the white orchards are in blossom and the pinks are starting to come. Tomorrow will be gorgeous and so will next week. Next weekend is the Blossom Trail official weekend and they will be beautiful but maybe on their way "out" by then. If you have a chance for a drive in the country to the east of Fresno and Clovis this weekend, I'd highly recommend it! The sights and fragrances are fantastic. If you're out, be sure to stop at The Art Stand Gallery at Highway 180 and Frankwood Avenue in the area called Minkler.

The bright pink quince blossoms are on a small tree in my yard. You see white, light pink, medium pink, almost red, and the orangish-pink quince blossoms all at this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment