Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And one large one that's almost done. . . .



. . . but it doesn't have a title either. It is very Oriental in feeling (but not in simplicity) because it is a collage of almost all Japanese papers brought back from Japan by my friend, Chieko. There was one beautiful "centerpiece" paper which I glued down first and then painted out from it. I wanted to extend the patterning of the different papers in the fan (?) and then I felt that the cut paper flowers should be flooding off the page, as an extension of the printed flowers in many of the papers. 

The photograph is of just a portion of the painting, which is not quite finished yet. More to come on this one. . . .

Please send me any thoughts you might have regarding a title, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment