Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Evening, after "Gran Torino"


Hmmmmm. Today is the first time I've been able to write a post directly into the post window on my cell phone. Before, I've had to write an email to myself and the email body became the post. Another milestone accomplishment, for which I can take no credit because I haven't changed anything that I know of.

I am including an iPhone photo of some of the books I am preparing as little samples for my upcoming class. After lightly sanding the shiny surfaces of the covers, I wipe them down and then lightly cover all the surfaces with one or more thin coats of gesso. Then, working on this semi-blank "slate", I will begin to collage paper and other items onto the whitewashed surfaces. I will show you more of them as they progress.

Do you keep an artist book or journal other than your sketchbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment