Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday, April 16th--on the way to San Jose!?--via Fremont

Today, I drove to Grace's house in Fremont, with a lot of stops along the way--at the Mushroom Farm in Sanger, at Circle Gallery in Madera, at the Hilmar Cheese Factory in Hilmar (north of Merced), at Forrest's Music in Berkeley, and finally on to Fremont in the late afternoon. I stopped to get cheese and mushrooms for Grace and Jack, and to drop my oboe off for it's annual "physical" in Berkeley. I'll pick it up again on Monday morning.

The weather was beautiful, the traffic was light, and the directions (thanks to Daniel in the GPS!) were perfect. Before dinner, Grace and I went to the gallery in Niles to see her showcase which will have it's reception on Sunday afternoon. It looked really good--she has put a lot of work into it and it shows. We compared notes on what we've been doing in terms of marketing etc. and oddly enough, we've done lots of the same things in the last few months. Obviously, the push to improve our marketing strategies goes hand in hand with the current economic conditions.

I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight, but maybe not--in anticipation of the workshop tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment