Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 3 (Sunday) of the workshop





Today, we watched Jean Warren tear up a discarded painting and select pieces of it as a starting point of a new painting. We spent day 3 of the workshop doing the same. It was an interesting process and I enjoyed it. Most of us still came out with something that was semi-representational, partly due to the subject matter in evidence in the original painting. I know mine was much more
objective than I intended for it to be.

We ended the day with a critique followed by picking up Grace at the gallery and going out to dinner. All in all it was a good workshop and a very fun 3 days. Grace and I work well together and inspire each other in our painting efforts. I miss having her in Oakhurst. We've decided to try to get together on a fairly regular basis, meeting at one or the other's home to paint and visit.

No photos of the new work as yet. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment