Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whoop-tee-do!


I can actually change the number of my small paintings goal, but I haven't yet. I will be adding 4 more to the total completed as soon as I can remember how to complete that task!? I took 4 more small paintings to the photographer (Aaron Mullins at Mullin's Studio in Clovis) last Friday. They are word paintings of "Knowledge", "Compassion", "Enthusiasm", and "Diversity."

Today's painting is "Noteworthy", a little study that I did at the January workshop in San Diego. I think I will frame it for the "Being Green" show at Timberline in Oakhurst in early April. It has a lot of green. (But not as much as the other 2 paintings that I'll be taking up to the mountains the end of the week.)

Yesterday, I "sat" at the Art Stand Gallery from 11 till 5 PM after a quick trip to Visalia to pick up the 3 paintings that had been in the ACA show at Arts Visalia. I feel like I am "gathering my children" when I get them back after they are gone for a while. Right now, I'm madly gathering--whether physically or mentally, in the form of a list--so that I can have things together for the show at the Reedley Opera House. We will hang it on April 22nd, and that's not far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment