Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Kreativ Blogger Award


I was honored and very excited to have the Kreativ Blogger Award bestowed on me by Julie Mitchell at "When The Spirit Moves Me". Julie creates beautiful, unique, and very special, inspirational spirit dolls and art dolls. You need to visit her site to see them.

When someone awards you with the Kreativ Blogger Award, there are two rules to follow that come along with the award. The first is that I must send it along to 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. There are so many out there that it is difficult to narrow it down to just seven. I am still working on creating my list and I will announce it very shortly. I only wish that I had more time to spend visiting blogs and really exploring all the fabulous ones that are out there. I am trying to spend a bit of time each day doing exactly that but it's easy to get caught up in it and spend TOO much time exploring the blogging world and not enough time painting. I will announce my choices within the next couple of days--please be patient with me.

The second requirement of receiving the award is to list seven things that I love or that inspire me. I will do that now.

1. I love rainy days. Maybe it's because I was born in November and it almost always rains on my birthday, but I just love rainy days.

2. I love spending time with family and friends, in a relaxed setting, catching up on all the news of what's going on in everyone's lives.

3. I love creating interesting and exciting art by putting things together in an unusual, unexpected way--whether it's mixed media paintings, a plaid wall in the dining room, hand-lettered sayings in the kitchen, or a little setting in the yard.

4. I love going to the movies--watching them at home is good, but going to the theater is better because there I truly focus on the movie and it's like a mini-vacation--time well-spent in this hectic world.

5. I love Indian food and Thai food.

6. I love letting the elements and principles of design be my inspiration in my art work.

7. I love planning and organizing things and then working with others, as part of a team effort, to see them carried out effectively.


I will try to select seven bloggers and announce them very soon and then I'll let them know that they have been chosen so that they can each pass the award along to seven others.

Again, thank you Julie, for this truly special and meaningful award!

No comments:

Post a Comment