Saturday, January 12, 2013

Observation of the Oddly Unexpected


What if the unexpected becomes the expected?



I love wearing 2 different socks to see if anyone notices. Usually, no one does. . . or if they do, they don't say anything about it. Is it for the shock value, the personal satisfaction, or the fact that I can only find one of each particular pair on a given day? I'll never tell. :)

What if the abnormal becomes the normal? What if there is no real "normal" or everyone's normal is different? That's what keeps life interesting, in my estimation. No 2 people process or store information in the same way and it's always fun to observe how others deal with situations, respond in conversations, and react to stimuli. It's fun to see who is observant and who isn't and how they feel about the differences they observe. Do you think things must be matching/symmetrical or do you enjoy oddness now and then?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wear mismatched socks. My daughter loves to wear them too. When we went to S.Africa a few years I noticed people mixed colors and patterns in their clothing. The "matching" wasn't even close to what it is here in the U.S. and I found it refreshing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete