Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Whole New World! And an upcoming class.


Little did I know when I started this blog how addictive it is likely to become. I can already tell that I am enjoying mastering the steps necessary to keep improving it. Today, I learned how to link to a document that I want to share by storing it in "storage space" outside my own computer. A major a-ha! It still isn't quite what I need as a final step, but it's certainly more than I knew before.

For example: You need to know that I am going to be teaching a class on January 24, 2009 at the Art Stand Gallery on "Artist Journals and Books." To download the Winter Workshop flyer, click here and print it out. Once you've registered for the class and perhaps other classes, mail it with your check to Elaine Towne Lane at the address shown on the flyer.

In the class, I will show you how to modify purchased books and journals and several ways to make simple artist journals of your own, using a variety of watercolor, mixed media, and collage techniques and supplies. It should be productive and a lot of fun! Hope to see you at the class in January. Between now and then, I am going to take a design workshop in San Diego. More about that in another post. . . .




2 comments:

  1. Ummm, you're moving right along. I've actually chosen a template, uploaded a photo and posted a little blip, but I'm not ready to put online yet. Yes, I can see where it can become addictive....Where and how did you get the Shadows and Reflections Photography, etc. to put on your blog. I may have asked before but most likely didn't understand the answer...I'm a little bit blond! HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS...julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Julie. I got the Shadows and Reflections by adding a "gadget" in the layout portion of my blog. I will experiment a bit and see if I can find where I got it exactly. You might find it doing a search in the gadgets window. Happy holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete