Monday, November 24, 2008

Why "Mixed Messages"?



In my long career as an educator, the term "mixed messages" had a bad connotation. But when I was searching for just the right name for my paintings/website/blog etc., the term "Mixed Messages" seems to be exactly right. Most of my paintings are created using mixed media and many of them convey messages, using words and symbols or abstract images. So, the once-looked-down-upon term has become the meaningful identifier of my style and my art.

I will try to include an image with each post and a short description of it. I am also working at including a slide show of my paintings. Over time, I hope the daily or weekly posts can show you my progress on new paintings.

Today's painting is called "A Question of Time." It is a full sheet watercolor (38" X 30") that is a self portrait of me when my creative time used to start after 5 PM when my "day job" was finished. Now, painting can happen any time of the day or night.

1 comment:

  1. Great site! Everything seems to work well, and it's FREE!

    ReplyDelete