Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving--yesterday!


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday, with family and friends. We were invited out to friends this year and it was a really nice dinner and afternoon. So much to be thankful for!

I thought I had posted yesterday, but must have forgotten to actually "publish" it. I am still learning this whole blog thing, you know!?

Last night, I prepared several wet into wet backgrounds and tonight I worked on them. They all started with versions of the primary colors (red, yellow, blue) and 3 areas of each color, one large, one medium-sized, and one small. I let them dry and use them as backgrounds for paintings. It's an easy and fun way to get started. I wish I had a photo of a painting done in a similar way to put up with today's post, but I can't find one at the moment. So, today's painting will be "Strong Language", a mixed media painting with a definite, very obvious message. It did start with a wet into wet background that I added a lot of collage on top of. It has been my most popular giclee print, but I haven't sold the original painting which is larger than 30" X 38" and it is hanging on the hall wall (in my view) as I type this message!

No comments:

Post a Comment