Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'd Rather Be in the Studio!



That's what I was thinking today because I was everywhere but in the studio. I spent about 2 hours at the photographers (Mullins Studio in Clovis, CA), an hour at the Apple Store resolving an iPhone problem, and over an hour at the print shop. Plus a couple more errands involving paper etc. and the whole day was about gone. I like to spend a whole day running around, though, rather than parts of several days. 

So, it was a very productive day in that I picked up a lot of newly photographed work that I can now show you here on the blog as well as getting the originals matted and framed, the cards folded and bagged, and preparing the prints for sale. I got a lot of smaller pieces done, including the first five of my "Words Series" of which I will show you one here today. 

This one is called "Creativity" and my intent is to have (at least) 12 of these colorful small pieces as part of the "Wine, Women, Words. . . and a Few Bits of Song" series. More of them in future posts, soon, I promise! Each one is a watercolor in which I freehand the fancy word, a short definition, and 2 synonyms for the word. Then, I add colorful shapes and patterns, using more layers of watercolor and gel pens. They will all be matted in white, with a black inner mat, and for sale unframed, most likely. I will frame a few, probably differently, to show how they will look and I plan to show some at the Reedley Opera House show in late April.

No comments:

Post a Comment