Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A new month and a new "half year"!


And a resolution to get back to posting on a regular basis! I've been very busy and there's no way I'll ever "catch up" here in any sort of order. So, rather than put off getting back to it, I'm just going to start from NOW and move ahead. If I have the opportunity, I'll try to tell you about some of the things that have been happening in the last 2 months when I don't have a daily happening to report.

Right at the moment, I'm not working on a painting but rather on a 3-D collage on a mannequin from the old Gottschalk's store. Several of the stores have been selling their fixtures in the closing up process and I've purchased several. I've been laughing lately about having a car full of "bodies" and now that they have been brought inside, I'm still laughing whenever I pass by the patio room and see the room full of bodies. I have several versions/types of torsos and I have one just about finished and a second in progress. I'm trying to do the second one as my entry for the Madera Ag Show.

Entries are due, in Madera, on a CD next Friday so I feel that I still have LOTS (?) of time. That's sort of a private--or not so private--joke since last year I started "Trois" two days before the CD was due! Photographed it ON the due date and drove it up to Madera before the gallery closed. That's not the way it should be done, but it's often how it gets done. (At least for me.)

Today's photos will show you the "morgue", so to speak, but not the finished project. The one shall remain a surprise but I'll try to share the first one I finished in tomorrow's post. Onward and upward, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment