Observations on my way from Sanger to Claremont (Southern CA)
yesterday morning, February 6th
- About 60 degrees when I left Sanger at almost 10 am.
- Pink and white blossoms evident in the orchards at Mendocino and Adams Avenue!
- Fog in all the fields around Visalia, Tulare, and Bakersfield—laying like a layer ofcotton around the tree trunks.
- Gray/brown haze over the valley.
- Bright blue sky over the whole ridge route—sunny and warm, in the high 60’s/low 70’s.
- Fairly light traffic all the way to the 210 freeway.
- Only 1 missed exit and “Terri” (the name of my Terrain Denalie)helped me out without a glitch.
- Only got honked at once.
- The best place to learn about your car's navigation system is NOT on the freeway!
- Had Afghan food for dinner at Walter’s in Claremont. It was really delicious!
- I love Ken and Mary Lee’s shower in their guest bathroom.
- I love my tiny Basilwood soap in a bag that I got to take with me. :)
- 82 degrees in Claremont yesterday!
- Loved seeing the “Packing House” shopping area with the shops open. Very exciting!
- Slept well, up early, ready to go on to Fallbrook soon.
- Photos of the "Packing House" in the next post!